Name: Sahil Dhiman
Title: Work on node dependencies for Debian's GitLab package.
Proposal Status: Final.
GitLab's Debian package has a load of dependencies. This put's in loads of moving parts which needs to be packaged, patched and updated for GitLab package to keep on working.
In my proposal, as mentioned by Sruthi (mentor for Debian Packaging idea), focus would be on node dependencies for GitLab. I plan to learn nitty-gritty of Debian packaging (which I had started earlier and have some knowledge about). And then help with various packages.
Benefits to Community
Having an updated, secure GitLab package in Debian, which abide by DFSG, is mostly free software would benefit everyone. I would help keeping it that way.
- Dec 15-31: learn and understand the workflow. Get my first package in Debian.
- Jan 1-15: At least three packages updated/packaged.
- Jan 16: First report submission.
- Jan 17- Feb 19: Six more packages updated/packaged.
- Feb 20: Second report submission.
- Feb 20 - March 15: Five more packages updated/packaged.
- March 16-20: Final report submission.
Minimum target: 15 packages. 1 package/5 days (taking a comfortable room, if some package needs more work).
Good day o/