Data Modeling using Wikidata.org & Creating artwork for newcomers adopting Free Software
I will make data accessible to all in a more structured way and help newcomers in adopting Free Software easily.
Benefits to Community
I will create info-graphic for newcomers in this Free Software world. The problems I encountered like "How to setup a secure email?" etc. I will try to provide info through my posters for the problems I encountered, so that others don't have to go through them.
Wikipedia etc. is already used by the whole world. If I model data using wikidata.org, it would benefit everyone who uses Wikipedia and it's sister sites.
Maintaining Free Software powered services for general public.
Data Modeling using Wikidata.org [First Preference]
- 19 Dec. - 15 Jan. : Understanding Wikidata API, SPARQL queries
- Jan-Feb : Creating backend of the web app
- Feb-March : Putting the frontend together
Introduction to Free Software Creative Suite [Second Preference]
- 5 posters for a project that we will take up (To be discussed with mentor)
- 2 posters for FSF
- Some posters for newcomers around Security, Privacy & other Free Software technologies.
System Administration [Third Preference]
I would like to take up the
Having an idea on related works being done
My idea for Data Modeling using Wikidata.org
I am thinking of creating a Django/Flask backed web app with HTML, CSS, Vanilla JS(can be changed). The backend requests the API or does the queries and shows the result to the user in the frontend.
I have been using GNU/Linux for quite some time. I am also pretty comfortable with Command Line.
- Matrix: @progmatic-99:matrix.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- About: Undergraduate Engineering Student
- Technologies I Know: Python, JS, Bash, HTML, CSS, C/C++, Ember