This page will document how to translate different parts of Software Freedom Camp Diversity Edition.
- Translation matrix rooms
- Registration form
The available languages are configured inside the
config.toml file in the
website directory of the camp repo. Any missing languages can be added following the same pattern there.
Translating home page
- Fork the camp repo to your account to edit files. Use Web IDE option to edit files in your fork.
- First find the language code from the
config.tomlfile mentioned above. For eg. Malayalam language's code is
ml. Then check if a file already exists with the name
mlhere stands for Malayalam, for each language there should be separate file with their corresponding code name) inside
website/i18ndirectory. If it exists, proceed to next step. If not copy an existing file, for eg.
en.yaml, and rename it with the code of the language you want to translate to.
ml.yamlfile. You can find lines starting with
translation. Lines starting with
idshouldn't be changed. Translate all strings that comes after
translation:. In case if the file is empty you can copy contents from
en.yaml(which contains all strings used in the home page) and translate.
Translating other pages
- Find the page you want to translate from
website/content/englishdirectory and copy them to
malayalamto whatever supported language you want to translate to). You will want to manually create a directory for your language if it doesn't exist already.
- Keep the filenames as such and translate the content.
Submit translation for review
Use create merge request option in your fork to submit your changes.
- Source: <yet to add> [FIXME]
- How to submit: Send a merge request to <yet to add> [FIXME] if you are familiar with git or open and issue in <yet to add> [FIXME] or send it to someone in the organizing team via the contact methods mentioned in the camp website.
- Submit a copy as merge request to https://gitlab.com/fsci/fsci.gitlab.io or open an issue at https://gitlab.com/fsci/fsci.gitlab.io/-/issues or send it to someone in the organizing team via the contact methods mentioned in the camp website.
- Completed translations: Malayalam, Hindi, Marathi, Telugu.
- In Progress:
Translation matrix rooms
Hindi - <yet to add> [FIXME]
Can be done directly in kobotoolbox.
If you'd like to volunteer, contact us via any of the channels listed on the camp website at <yet to add> [FIXME]
- Hindi: Nikhil