Migrate FSF India (gnu.org.in) mailing lists to lists.fsci.org.in
This issue is to track the migration progress.
FSF India mailing lists run on mailman2 which need to migrate to mailman3 instance of FSCI.
Find out the needed/working mailing lists from https://calc.disroot.org/fsfi-lists.
sudo mailman create -o <email*> -d $mailinglists(
-doption is for adding the domain if its not registered, for eg if you used -d option with firstname.lastname@example.org you don't need to use -d when creating ...@example.com) *Email can be either yours or rsidharth's if its registered
sudo mailman import21 email@example.com /home/rsd/fsfi-mm/lists/<list-name>/config.pck
- There can be pending.pck request.pck etc. It can be added if list is active else its your call
Confirm subscribers are imported by looking at https://lists.fsci.org.in/postorius/lists/replace_LISTNAME/members/member/
sudo python3 manage.py hyperkitty_import --pythonpath /usr/share/mailman3-web --settings settings -l firstname.lastname@example.org <path to>/foo-list.mboxCheck /home/rsd/fsfi-mm/archives/ for mbox file (it may be in private or in public)
sudo python3 manage.py update_index_one_list email@example.com --pythonpath /usr/share/mailman3-web --settings settings
If archives imported successfully, you can find at https://lists.fsci.org.in/hyperkitty/list/replace_LISTNAME/latest
(***Help needed: Some of above things can be automated with scripts)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (@bhe)
- email@example.com (@bhe)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (@bhe)
- [ ]
- [ ]
- [ ]
For gnu.org.in domain
- setup a new server for gnu.org.in personal mails
- Setup srs (as discussed in the matrix group for SPF to work) and forward mails to this new server for personal addresses
- migrate remaining lists using @gnu.org.in address
- Switch mx record for gnu.org.in
- Switch A record for mm.gnu.org.in
- Once done, announce on every list about the changes.
PS: Please add issues you faced as comments below, or create separate issues, or report to debian/upstream if necessary.